Specialized Finish Services (Formerly STM)
How the Specialized Finish (SPF) Process Works:
NOTE: You can always contact one of our Territory Sales Specialists if you’d like to walk through the whole SPF process. The list before is provided to give you an overall idea to the process.
- Fill out the project on-boarding form to the right
- Let us know what type of sample material you will send to our Maple Grove factory
- Select the natural wood veneer species we should use from our standard types, or;
- Let us know what other type of material you require us to emulate
- Please note if you want us to place emphasis on a particular color or grain structure in your sample
- Send in the form and Nevers will reply that we have receipt
- Mail or ship your sample for us to compare
- Once we have your sample, we will evaluate it against our standard species
- If compatible, we will produce and ship a sample for you, typically within a couple of weeks
- Will include an SPF approval form, simply sign and return it by mail or email (a good cell phone image also works)
- You may keep the Nevers sample for your records
- We can return your initial sample if you wish
- Nevers will retain your specific SPF project’s “recipe”
NOTE: If your sample is not similar or compatible enough to our standard wood veneer species (such as exotics, laminates, wall paint, etc.) we may have to levy an up-charge to deliver your specialized finish. We will inform you of any up-charges before we begin your project.
Selecting a Sample to Send for a Specialized Finish:
We will need a flat sample piece from you. The size of your sample should be 3” x 3” or larger, this aides us in creating a more accurate sample. We will assess the compatibility of the sample material you provided and advise you of any concerns. Some materials are much more compatible than others.
Sample Material Compatibility for SPF projects:
BEST: A natural wood veneer sample from you is the most compatible material. We prefer your sample to be among our’ current standard species: oak, walnut, cherry, mahogany, or maple.
FAIR: Exotic wood species, laminates, reconstituted wood, and other wood-like materials may affect material costs as our standard species may not apply and there may be material sourcing logistics.
CHALLENGING: Pantone colors, wall covering paint samples, complex laminates, and other materials with textures or incompatible natural wood coloration needs may also incur further charges.
Specialized Finish Expectations:
Nevers will attempt to provide a customized finish to fit your needs on the very first try. We take that to mean what we provide will be within a range of one or two shades of near duplication.
It’s important you recognize that creating specialized finishes is both an art and a science. For more complex finish projects, we may need to make an initial try based on the information provided, and a further, more precise, attempt. This may be due to the wide variability of natural wood veneers or how compatible the sample we are comparing may be.
We look forward to working with you on your SPF project!
Submit Your SPF Information to Start
Once we have your information, we’ll provide you with a code. You can use this code to track the progress of your SPF process. After we receive your sample material(s), we will review and then create a sample to send to you.
Starting the SPF Sample Process
Thanks! Once you’ve completed the form, please send your sample for us to match.
6845 Wedgwood Court North | Maple Grove, MN 55311