NEVERS INDUSTRIES Inc. is committed to our employees and community to be an environmentally conscious company. We are dedicated to producing the highest quality wood office furniture in a durable, environmentally responsible and economically viable manner. Nevers’ products use natural wood and wood composite products in the construction of meeting and conferencing furniture. We practice these disciplines daily to ensure that we are a working steward of the environment:
- Our Veneer and Lumber Supplier heats their plant (located in Northern Wisconsin) with waste wood from the lumber process.
- Nevers applies a multiply table banding process to our furniture to conserve wood consumption.
- All wood and laminate materials are applied to a Formaldehyde free flakeboard or medium density fiberboard to satisfy the California Air Resources Board Standards.
- Nevers utilizes low VOC finishing products that produce low emissions resulting in cleaner air. Our state of the art spray equipment has a high transfer rate that reduces emissions. And, our Finishing Department extracts chemicals from rags before disposal.
- Scrap wood is separated from trash and recycled wood into wood chips for reuse as animal bedding or landscaping products.
- Hazardous chemicals are recycled into other durable products, and company-wide, Nevers’ employees recycle paper, aluminum cans and cardboard daily.
In addition, Nevers pursues a continuous improvement process, searching for an applying
new methods and products to protect and enrich our environment.
INDOOR AIR QUALITY CERTIFICATE
On April 26, 2008, the California Air Resource Board (CARB) approved the world’s most sweeping restrictions on emissions of formaldehyde, a cancer-causing chemical found in many wood-based furniture products. The restrictions cut, by nearly 60%, the allowable formaldehyde emissions that seep into the air from the resin or glue most commonly used to bond plywood, particleboard and medium density fiberboard.
Effective January 1, 2009, all products sold, used or manufactured for sale in California that contain hardwood plywood, particle board, medium density fiberboard and thin medium density fiberboard must meet emissions limits specified in California Code of Regulations, Title 17, 93120.2. All products manufactured by Nevers Industries Inc. comply with the CARB regulation.